The Center at Park West is looking for a full time cook. Days and shifts vary
Pay is based off of experience
Three to five years cooking experience in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred (but not necessary). Must have bulk and short order cooking experience.
Please come by our facility to complete an application.
We are located at 3727 Parker Blvd. Pueblo, CO 81008
The Center at Park West is a skilled nursing facility that serves patients needing physical rehabilitation and/or complex nursing care. Our highly qualified, caring staff provides care in a beautiful, hotel like atmosphere to help our patients achieve strength and functionality. Skilled-nursing care, family involvement, psychological care and discharge planning complement a well-rounded, individualized program and encourages each patient’s transition to their highest functional level. With state of the art equipment and unparalleled comfort and amenities, our physician-driven care plan is designed to maximize the quality of our care.
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with out established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
Delegation of Authority
As Cook, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Food Services.
- Coordinate dietary service with other departments as necessary.
- Work with the facility’s dietitian as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Cook.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Process diet changed and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals to the Direct of Food Services.
- Participate and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned or that maybe become necessary.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., as directed.
- Attend and participate in annual HazCom, blood borne pathogens, and TB in-service training programs.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
- Prepare and serve bedtime snacks.
- Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident’s meal tray.
- Review care plans to assure that current dietary information is consistent with foods served.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must be able to write, read, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing dietary practices.
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- The Center at Park West will not discriminate against the candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual preference, disability, political belief, veteran status, age or any other status protected by law.